Wednesday, June 30, 2010

QT



Today's Topic: God's will is joy!
Author: Jerry Savelle
Verse(s): Philippians 4:4

Devotional:
Do you have the joy?
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: 
but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that 
ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
1 Corinthians 10:13
The problem with most of us is that we get tunnel-visioned; 
so focused on the trials, that we quit looking for a way out.
 All we do is talk about the trial. We need to do exactly what God says
. REJOICE! Why does He want us to rejoice? The joy of the Lord is our strength! 
If you don’t have joy, you won’t have strength.


Joy comes from the Word. You have to read the Word constantly 
to have joy. You may sleep and slumber, but the devil won’t. 
The moment you open your eyes, he’ll say, “You’re not going to make it.
 This trial is too much for you!” But the devil doesn’t have any defense against joy.
Let me tell you what it means to rejoice. One meaning of the Hebrew 
word rejoice is “to brighten up.” Put a big smile on your face.
 Another meaning is “to spin around.” A third meaning is “to leap.”
 So, the next time you’re in a trial, here’s the way you’re going to respond: 
smile, spin and leap!!
Today’s Scripture Meditation
Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice. Philippians 4:4
Be ye doers of the Word…
I refuse to be controlled by my feelings. I choose 
to rejoice in the Lord today. I choose to be joyful and make a joyful noise.
 I choose to give praise to my Lord and Savior.

1 comment:

  1. When I first wake in the morning I try to make a conscious effort to immediately tell God "This is the day that You have made. I will rejoice and be glad in it!".

    ReplyDelete